MAME 0.223 has finally arrived, and what a release it is – there’s definitely something for everyone! Starting with some of the more esoteric additions, Linus Åkesson’s AVR-based hardware chiptune project
and Power Ninja Action Challenge
demos are now supported. These demos use minimal hardware to generate sound and/or video, relying on precise CPU timings to work. With this release, every hand-held LCD game from Nintendo’s Game & Watch and related lines is supported in MAME, with Donkey Kong Hockey bringing up the rear. Also of note is the Bassmate Computer fishing aid, made by Nintendo and marketed by Telko and other companies, which is clearly based on the dual-screen Game & Watch design. The steady stream of TV games hasn’t stopped, with a number of French releases from Conny/VideoJet among this month’s batch.
For the first time ever, games running on the Barcrest MPU4 video system are emulated well enough to be playable. Titles that are now working include several games based on the popular British TV game show The Crystal Maze, Adders and Ladders, The Mating Game, and Prize Tetris. In a clear win for MAME’s modular architecture, the breakthrough came through the discovery of a significant flaw in our Motorola MC6840 Programmable Timer Module emulation that was causing issues for the Fairlight CMI IIx synthesiser. In the same manner, the Busicom 141-PF desk calculator is now working, thanks to improvements made to Intel 4004 CPU emulation that came out of emulating the INTELLEC 4 development system and the prototype 4004-based controller board for Flicker pinball. The Busicom 141-PF is historically significant, being the first application of Intel’s first microprocessor.
Fans of classic vector arcade games are in for a treat this month. Former project coordinator Aaron Giles has contributed netlist-based sound emulation for thirteen Cinematronics vector games: Space War, Barrier, Star Hawk, Speed Freak, Star Castle, War of the Worlds, Sundance, Tail Gunner, Rip Off, Armor Attack, Warrior, Solar Quest and Boxing Bugs. This resolves long-standing issues with the previous simulation based on playing recorded samples. Colin Howell has also refined the sound emulation for Midway’s 280-ZZZAP and Gun Fight.
V.Smile joystick inputs are now working for all dumped cartridges, and with fixes for ROM bank selection the V.Smile Motion software is also usable. The accelerometer-based V.Smile Motion controller is not emulated, but the software can all be used with the standard V.Smile joystick controller. Another pair of systems with inputs that now work is the original Macintosh (128K/512K/512Ke) and Macintosh Plus. These systems’ keyboards are now fully emulated, including the separate numeric keypad available for the original Macintosh, the Macintosh Plus keyboard with integrated numeric keypad, and a few European ISO layout keyboards for the original Macintosh. There are still some emulation issues, but you can play Beyond Dark Castle with MAME’s Macintosh Plus emulation again.
In other home computer emulation news, MAME’s SAM Coupé driver now supports a number of peripherals that connect to the rear expansion port, a software list containing IRIX hard disk installations for SGI MIPS workstations has been added, and tape loading now works for the Specialist system (a DIY computer designed in the USSR).
Of course, there’s far more to enjoy, and you can read all about it in the whatsnew.txt file
, or get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page
. (For brevity, promoted V.Smile software list entries and new Barcrest MPU4 clones made up from existing dumps have been omitted here.)
MAME Testers Bugs Fixed
- 02603: [Sound] (cinemat.cpp) tailg: Phasor sample plays incorrectly. (Aaron Giles)
- 03307: [Sound] (cinemat.cpp) ripoff: Multiple issues with sound samples. (Aaron Giles)
- 03720: [Sound] (cinemat.cpp) speedfrk, wotw, wotwc: Incomplete sound samples implementation. (Aaron Giles)
- 06033: [Gameplay] (sothello.cpp) sothello: Gameplay logic is broken. (hap)
- 06896: [Gameplay] (gottlieb.cpp) krull: Invisible enemies cause deaths in cave scene. (dink)
- 07237: [DIP/Input] (vsmile.cpp) vsmileg [walle]: Wall-E does not recognise the joystick controller. (Ryan Holtz)
- 07340: [DIP/Input] (vegas.cpp) nbagold, nbanfl and nbashowt: Digital joystick inputs are not present. (Ted Green)
- 07537: [Sound] (nemesis.cpp) twinbee: Speech does not play. (AJR)
- 07608: [Gameplay] (uzebox.cpp) uzebox: All systems (except craft) that use the avr8 CPU have regressed severely. (hap)
- 07644: [DIP/Input] (pcipc.cpp) pcpci: Mouse movement causes spurious keyboard input. (Samuele Zannoli)
- 07687: [Compiling] AsmJit fails to compile for ARM targets. (Belegdol)
- 07689: [Sound] (s8a.cpp) scrzy_l1: Sounds do not play. (Robbbert)
- 07690: [Crash/Freeze] (kingdrby.cpp) cowrace: [debug] Assert upon start. (AJR)
- 07691: [Crash/Freeze] (eprom.cpp) eprom, eprom2: Game freezes upon end of demonstration. (AJR)
- 07693: [DIP/Input] (dooyong.cpp) sadari: Third button (activate power-up) is not present. (hap)
- 07696: [Graphics] (taito_l.cpp) fhawk, fhawkj: Background graphics are not displayed correctly. (hap)
- 07708: [DIP/Input] (segas18.cpp) wwallyj, lghost, and clones: Controls do not work. (Ivan Vangelista)
New working machines
- Conny / VideoJet Dora l'exploratrice - Pocket Dream Console (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Conny / VideoJet PDC150 Tactile - Pocket Dream Console (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Conny / VideoJet PDC200 - Pocket Dream Console (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Conny / VideoJet PDC40 Tactile - Pocket Dream Console (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Conny / VideoJet PDC50 - Pocket Dream Console (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Conny / VideoJet Plug Play TV Games 2 (4-in-1) (VideoJet, France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- DataCash Systems / Staid CompuChess: The Second Edition [hap, Berger, Achim]
- Dice game [Aleksandr Gofman, MetalliC]
- Elektor AVR-Max Chess Computer (English) [hap]
- Fidelity Electronics Chess Challenger (model UCC10, 10 levels) [hap, Berger, Achim]
- Guitar Star (Europe, PAL) [David Haywood, TeamEurope]
- Linus Åkesson / kryo The Hardware Chiptune Project [Ryan Holtz]
- Linus Åkesson Phasor [Ryan Holtz]
- Linus Åkesson Power Ninja Action Challenge [Ryan Holtz]
- Micro Vs. System: Donkey Kong Hockey [algestam, Ryan Holtz]
- Millennium 2000 GmbH Millennium Arcade 101 (M489) (Game Station 2 101-in-1) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Motorola EXORterm 155 [68bit]
- Motorola M6800 EXORciser (M68SDT) [68bit]
- Novag Micro Chess [hap, Berger, Achim]
- SciSys / Intelligent Games Intelligent Chess [hap, Berger, Achim]
- SciSys Chess Companion [hap, Berger, Achim]
- SciSys Chess Intercontinental Traveler [hap, Berger, Achim]
- Senario / Marathon - Mystery Animation Inc. Totally Spies! (France) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Senario Vs Maxx 6-in-1 Casino / Senario Card & Casino Games [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- Subor Sports and Dance Fit Games Mat D-555 (PAL) [David Haywood, TeamEurope]
- Telko / Nintendo Bassmate Computer [algestam, Mr. Do]
- Ultimate Products Ltd. Reactor 32-in-1 (NTSC) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- Ultimate Products Ltd. Zone Mini [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- WinFun Guitar Buster [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- Wireless Fitness / Dance Fit (Senario) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, anonymous, Kev (FBN)]
- Xing Wireless Interactive TV Game 'Wi TV Zone' 48-in-1 (Europe, PAL) [David Haywood, TeamEurope]
New working clones
- 4-in-1 (version SWS1-110984) [Siftware]
- Astro Fighter (set 4) [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- Cruis'n USA (rev L4.4) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
- Dead Or Alive ++ (Korea) [chacal231077]
- Double Wings (set 2) [Jorge Silva]
- Elektor AVR-Max-Schachzwerg (German) [hap]
- Fidelity Electronics Elite A/S Challenger (Glasgow program, set 2) [Berger]
- Galaxian (Cirsa Spanish bootleg) [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- Hammerin' Harry (World, M84 hardware bootleg) [ClawGrip, Roberto Fresca, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
- Jack Potten's Poker (set 13, ICP-1 PCB) [Roberto Fresca, Matt B]
- Jolly Joker (original program, interleaved GFX, Impera logo) [Roberto Fresca, TeamEurope]
- Jolly Joker (original program, interleaved GFX, no logo) [Roberto Fresca, TeamEurope]
- Master Boy (1987, Z80 hardware, Ichi-Funtel, set 2) [Retromaniacs, Recreativas.org]
- Ms. Pac-Man (bootleg, set 3) [Andrew Welburn]
- Ms. Pac-Man (Novatronic bootleg) [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- New Lucky 8 Lines (set 11, W-4) [Siftware]
- Pipi & Bibis / Whoopee!! (Ryouta Kikaku bootleg, decrypted) [jordigahan]
- Race Drivin' (compact, prototype) [andynumbers, The Dumping Union]
- Robotron: 2084 (Unidesa license) [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- Ultimate Products Ltd. Zone 7-in-1 Sports (PAL) [David Haywood, TeamEurope]
- Slap Shot (Ver 2.2 J) [Jorge Silva]
- Space Trek (Video Game S.A., Spanish bootleg of Scramble) [Rubén Casaña (Retro Arcadia Valencia), Isaías Hernández]
- Splash (Modular System) [jordigahan, ClawGrip, David Haywood]
- Super Forte (version C, V3.6) [Berger]
- Witch Star [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
- Zero Time (Spanish bootleg) [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
Machines promoted to working
- Adders and Ladders (v2.1) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- Barquest (v2.6) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- Blox (SJM BLOX, 50p/20p Play, Version 2.0) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wall, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- Business Computer Corporation Busicom 141-PF [Robbbert]
- The Crystal Maze (v1.3) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze Team Challenge (v0.9) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Mating Game (v0.4) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- NBA Showtime / NFL Blitz 2000 (ver 2.1) [Ted Green]
- NBA Showtime Gold / NFL Blitz 2000 (ver 3.0) (SportsStation) [Ted Green]
- NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC (ver 2.0) [Ted Green]
- The New Crystal Maze Featuring Ocean Zone (v2.2) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- Nice Code Plug and Play Sudoku Game (NES based) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, GameHistory.org]
- Photo Y2K 2 / Chaoji Bi Yi Bi 2 / Dajia Lai Zhao Cha 2 / Real and Fake 2 Photo Y2K (M101XX 05/25/01 11:02:54) [iq_132, dink]
- Prize Tetris (BWB) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wall, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- SCCH LLC-1 [Robbbert]
- Senario Guitar Star (US, Senario, NTSC) [David Haywood]
- Strike it Lucky (v0.5) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- TaiKee Rockstar Guitar / Guitar Rock (PAL) [David Haywood]
- Tetris Payout (BWB TET1 Version 2.2, set 1) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wall, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- unknown rocket/animal-themed poker [Roberto Fresca]
- Vegas Poker (prototype, release 2) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood, Highwayman]
Clones promoted to working
- Adders and Ladders (v2.0) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze (v0.1, AMLD) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze (v1.1) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze (v1.2) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze Team Challenge (v0.8) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The Crystal Maze Team Challenge (v1.2, AMLD) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- dreamGEAR Shredmaster Jr (NTSC) [David Haywood]
- Eurohard S.A. Dragon 200-E [Nigel Barnes]
- The New Crystal Maze Featuring Ocean Zone (v0.1, AMLD) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- The New Crystal Maze Featuring Ocean Zone (v2.0) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- Photo Y2K 2 / Chaoji Bi Yi Bi 2 / Dajia Lai Zhao Cha 2 / Real and Fake 2 Photo Y2K (ver. 100, Japanese Board) [iq_132, dink]
- Prize Space Invaders (BWB INV1, 50p/30p Play, Version 1.2) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- Prize Tetris (BWB) (Showcase) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- Sirio II (Calfesa S.L. Spanish Moon Cresta bootleg) [Ivan Vangelista]
- Strike it Lucky (v0.53) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood]
- Tetris Payout (BWB TET1 Version 2.2, set 2) (MPU4 Video) [Ryan Holtz, James Wallace, David Haywood, Angelo Salese]
- Torch Computers Torch CH240 [Nigel Barnes]
- VTech V.Smile Motion [Ryan Holtz]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
- El auto de papa [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- Bingo Roll / Turbo Bingo? [TeamEurope, Roberto Fresca]
- Captain Lucky [Siftware]
- Destruction Derby [TTL] [Frank Palazzolo]
- Diana Olakoa [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- E-mu Systems Carnaval - Jugando con Fuego [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems EMAX II 16-Bit Digital Sound System [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Orbit 9090 - The Dance Planet [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Planet Phatt - The Swing System [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Pro/Cussion Maximum Percussion Module [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Proteus/1 16-Bit Multi-Timbral Digital Sound Module [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Proteus/1 XR 16-Bit Multi-Timbral Digital Sound Module [DBWBP]
- E-mu Systems Vintage Keys Classic Analog Keyboards [DBWBP]
- Far West (Compumatic) [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- Football [PinMAME]
- JAKKS Pacific Inc / HotGen Ltd Hannah Montana G2 Deluxe - All in One (JAKKS Pacific TV Game) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, Kev (FBN), anonymous]
- JAKKS Pacific Inc / HotGen Ltd High School Musical G2 Deluxe - All in One (JAKKS Pacific TV Game) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, Kev (FBN), anonymous]
- JAKKS Pacific Inc Power Rangers Super Megaforce Hero Portal [David Haywood, Team Europe]
- Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing KSP10 Digital Piano [DBWBP]
- Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing SX-240 8-Voice Programmable Polyphonic Synthesizer [DBWBP]
- Korg microKORG SynthesizeVocoder [DBWBP]
- Korg WaveStation A/D [DBWBP]
- Korg WaveStation EX [DBWBP]
- Korg WaveStation SR [DBWBP]
- Lexibook Console Colour - Disney's Planes [TeamEurope]
- Lexibook Console Colour - Minnie Mouse [TeamEurope]
- Lucky 7 (Impera) [TeamEurope, Roberto Fresca]
- Macro Winners Game Sporz Wireless Duet Play Ping-Pong [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, Dave Silva]
- Marvel Avengers TV Game Console (32-bit) (Lexibook) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Michael Jordan (1.30) [PinMAME]
- Millennium 2000 GmbH Millennium Arcade 250 (M527) [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Puzzle Me! [TeamEurope, Roberto Fresca]
- Reno Reels (JPM) [David Haywood]
- RS-70 648-in-1 [David Shah]
- Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 "Collie" [Ryan Holtz, O. Galibert]
- Sony NWS-3860 [Plamen Mihaylov, Patrick Mackinlay]
- Sport Dart TV [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- Susanita tiene un raton [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- Tecnodarts [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- Toy Story 3 (Lexibook) [Sean Riddle, Kamaal Brown, David Haywood]
- unknown 'TE06' [TeamEurope, Roberto Fresca]
- Unknown Compumatic ProSPDP based darts machine [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- VideoJet Kiu Games [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- Virtual TV Ping Pong [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- Yataimura Kingyosukui (4-player, China, Ver 1.000) [Darksoft]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
- Anakonda [Robbbert]
- Funhouse (L-2) [PinMAME]
- Funhouse (L-2, prototype PA-1 System 11 sound) [PinMAME]
- Kharkovsky [Robbbert]
- Laser Ball (L-2, PROM sound) [PinMAME]
- Last Action Hero (1.04 France) [PinMAME]
- Last Action Hero (1.07) [José Renato Castro Milanez, Sergio Munemori]
- Magic Card - Wien (Sicherheitsversion 1.2) [TeamEurope, Roberto Fresca]
- Nove Diamante (bootleg) [Ioannis Bampoulas]
- Unga [Robbbert]
New working software list additions
- fmtowns_cd: Akiko - Premium Version, Cal III - Kanketsu-hen, Chiemi & Naomi, Curse, Eikan wa Kimi ni 2 - Koukou Yakyuu Zenkoku Taikai, FM Towns Application Catalog CD-ROM - Original Soft-hen, G5 (HMA-206), Gambler - Queen's Cup, Gokuraku Mandala, Hyper Fetishism, Illust Hyakka - Yamashita Hideki no Ikiiki Cut-shuu, Iris-tei Serenade, Jouhou Club - Card Processor Ver. 1.1, Mahjong Musashi, Manami no Doko made Iku no? 2 - Return of the Kuro Pack, The Manhole (1990-08-01), Marionette Mind, Mirage 2 - Torry, Neat & Roan Fairladies in MagicLand, Noushuku Angel 120%, Shamhat - The Holy Circlet (FM Towns Marty version), Tenshin Ranma, Two Shot Diary, Viper-V12 RS, Viper-V8 Turbo RS, YES! HG - Erotic Voice Version [redump.org, r09]
- Rayman IV (Rayman - Sunshine of Trip) (unlicensed) (protection hacked) [RibShark]
- Crash Advance IV (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Digimon - Ruby and Sapphire (unlicensed) (protection hacked), The Lord of the Rings IV - The Fellowship of the Ring (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Pokemon - Sapphire Version (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Rayman IV (Rayman - Puteshestviye Solnechnogo Sveta) (unlicensed) (Russian) (protection hacked), Sonic 3 - Fighter Sonic (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Super Mario DX (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (unlicensed) (protection hacked), Ultraman - Confrontation Between Justice And Evil (Ul'traman - Konfrontatsiya mezhdu spravedlivost'yu i zlom) (unlicensed) (Russian) (protection hacked), X-Man - Armour of Might (X-men) (unlicensed) (Russian) (protection hacked) [taizou]
- Chaoji Maliou DX (unlicensed) (Chinese) (protection hacked) [yy小龙虾]
- Leiman IV - Guangming Zhi Lv (unlicensed) (Chinese) (protection hacked) [侵蚀你的私处]
- Bloodwych (Quest & Glory Compilation) (Euro), Bloodwych (USA), Budokan - The Martial Spirit (5.25"), The Colonel's Bequest (3.5"), The Colonel's Bequest (5.25"), Dragon's Lair (5.25"), F29 Retaliator, Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs (3.5"), Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places) (5.25"), Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge, Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe (Euro, 3.5"), TV Sports Basketball (3.5", USA, EGA/TANDY version), TV Sports Basketball (3.5", USA, VGA version), TV Sports Basketball (5.25", UK, EGA/TANDY version), TV Sports Basketball (5.25", UK, VGA version), Xenon 2: Megablast [ArcadeShadow]
- SCO XENIX System V Development System version 2.1.3 [archive.org, Davide Cavalca]
- IBM Personal Computer Interactive Executive (PC/IX) 1.00 [WinWorld, Davide Cavalca]
- ibm5170: B-17 Flying Fortress (5.25"), Corridor 7: Alien Invasion (demo), Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (France), Out of this World (USA, 3.5" DD), Out of this World (USA, 5.25" HD), Sam & Max Hit the Road (Germany) [ArcadeShadow]
- megadriv: Starwars (Prototype 19930125) [ArcadeShadow]
- nascom_snap: Adventure 16K, Adventure 32K [The Nascom Repository]
- pc98_cd: F15 Strike Eagle III, if 2 - Invitations from Fantastic Stories, Manami no Doko made Iku no? 2 - Return of the Kuro Pack, Phobos, Pro Student G (ALS-0010), YES! HG - Erotic Voice Version, Yuurou - Transient Sands [redump.org, r09]
- Desktop Special Edition 1.0, European Language Module 1.1, European Language Module 1.3.1, Hot Mix 5, Hot Mix 7, IndiZone 1.0, IRIX 5.2 for Indy R4600PC and Challenge SX, IRIX Patch 126.96.36.199, ONC3/NFS for IRIX 6.2 Version 1, ONC3/NFS for IRIX 6.2 with Indigo2 IMPACT 10000 Version 1, Support Advantage 10/94, Support Advantage 6/95, SupportFolio 2/97, SupportFolio 4/97 [darkstar]
- NetBSD 1.6.2, NetBSD 2.0, NetBSD 2.0.2, NetBSD 2.1, NetBSD 3.0, NetBSD 3.0.1, NetBSD 3.0.2, NetBSD 3.1 [NetBSD Project, Davide Cavalca]
- sgi_mips_hdd: IRIX 5.2, IRIX 5.3, IRIX 6.2, IRIX 6.5, IRIX 6.5.22 [Davide Cavalca]
- Bianfuxia - Zhengjiu Chengshi (China) [tenyuhuang]
- Disney/Pixar Wall-E (China) [tenyuhuang, Ryan Holtz]
- Les Bisounours - Le monde merveilleux des Bisounours (France), Nickelodeon Bob L'éponge - Une journée dans la vie d'une éponge (France) [DisizDream]
- Disney/Pixar Cars 2 (France), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 3 (France), DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda - La mission de Po (France), Football Challenge (France), Martin Le Dauphin (France), Nickelodeon Dora L'Exploratrice - Les adventures de Dora Apprentie Mécano (France), Sporti'Folies (France) [DisizDream, Ryan Holtz]
- Action Mania (USA), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 3 (USA), Marvel Spider-Man & Friends - Secret Missions (USA), Soccer Challenge (USA) [Sean Riddle, TeamEurope, Ryan Holtz]
Software list items promoted to working
- cpc_flop: Secret Agent - Sly Spy (UK), Secret Agent - Sly Spy (UK) (2 faces) (Spain retail version) [Original], Sly Spy - Secret Agent (NonGoodCPC), Sly Spy - Secret Agent (Ocean Software), Sly Spy - Secret Agent (Ocean Software)[cr XOR][t +2 XOR], Sly Spy - Secret Agent (UK) [a1] [Barry Rodewald]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
- fmtowns_cd: Pro Student G (ALS-0010), Towns-Telop, True Heart [redump.org, r09]
- leapfrog_mfleappad_cart: Disney/Pixar Cars (Spain) [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
- mobigo_cart: Disney Jake and the Neverland Pirates (USA, alt), Disney Princess (USA, alt), Disney/Pixar Brave (USA), Dreamworks Shrek - Forever After (US), NAND User Cartridge (unknown data, set 1), NAND User Cartridge (unknown data, set 2), Sesame Street - Elmo and Abby - Nature Explorers (USA) [TeamEurope]
- novag_ssensor4: Quartz Chess Clock [Berger]
- pc98_cd: DOR Special Edition '93, DOR Special Edition '93 (alt), Kanji Land 3-nen, Kyrandia II - The Hand of Fate, Lemon Cocktail Collection, Lip 3 - Lipstick Adventure 3, Mirage 2 - Torry, Neat & Roan Fairladies in MagicLand [redump.org, r09]
- pi_storyreader_cart: Disney Blanca Nieves y los siete enanos (Spain), Disney El Rey León (Spain), Walt Disney Peter Pan (Spain) [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
- Basketball (EU) [ClawGrip, TeamEurope]
- Basketball (US) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
- vsmileb_cart: Teletubbies (France) [DisizDream]
Merged pull requests
- 6825: docs: Improved analog joystick mapping documentation, and added health warnings. [Firehawke]
- 6837: debugger: Added loadr and saver commands for loading or saving data to/from a memory region. [bombzj]
- 6838: fmtowns_cd.xml: Added 28 new entries, and replaced 22 entries with improved dumps. [redump.org, r09]
- 6844: gigatron: Hooked up CPU output callback, fixed program counter wrapping, and added CPU input callback. [Sterophonick]
- 6848: startouch.cpp: Added Biostar M5ATD motherboard BIOS option to europl01. [ClawGrip]
- 6849: armedf.cpp, ddenlovr.cpp: Improved DIP switch documentation; nes_vt.cpp: Added zudugo manufacturer. [David Haywood]
- 6850: ibm5170.xml: Corrected floppy interface for humans_525, and corrected metadata for inca2 and goblins. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6851: chicago.cpp, exidyttl.cpp: Corrected ROM dumps, and added a skeleton driver for Exidy Destruction Derby. [Frank Palazzolo]
- 6852: sound/ym2151.cpp: Simplified noise frequency calculation. [cam900]
- 6853: sound/k051649.cpp: Improved playback rate calculation, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
- 6856: sound/saa1099.cpp: Improved sample rate and mixing behavior, and fixed stereo output routing for vgmplay. [cam900]
- 6857: sound/k007232.cpp: Converted to use device_memory_interface and added support for clock frequency changes. [cam900]
- 6859: megaplay.cpp: Added motherboard PLDs. [caius, ClawGrip]
- 6860: cpu/cp1610: Ensure SDBD operations set condition flags correctly. [ElectricMagic]
- 6862: Only build asmjit for x86 and x86-64 targets. [Belegdol]
- 6864: Added arm64 and s390x configurations to Travis CI. [Belegdol]
- 6865: sgi_mips_hdd.xml: Added software list with pre-installed operating system images for SGI MIPS workstations. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6867: generalplus_gpl16250_nand.cpp, spg2xx_wiwi.cpp, tvgogo.xml: Added three machines and a software list entry. [David Haywood]
- 6868: sgi_mips.xml: Added eight entries, and corrected some metadata. [darkstar]
- 6870: leapfrog_mfleappad_cart.xml: Added an entry. [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
- 6871: pi_storyreader_cart.xml: Added three entries. [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
- 6872: vsmile_cart.xml: Added three entries. [tenyuhuang, DisizDream, ClawGrip]
- 6875: ibm5150.xml: Added six entries and corrected some metadata. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6877: sgi_mips_hdd.xml: Added an entry and improved instructions in comments. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6879: vsmileb_cart.xml: Added one entry. [DisizDream, ClawGrip]
- 6880: bosco.cpp: Fixed sprite/background priority. [kunikuni]
- 6881: vsmilem_cart.xml: Added seven entries and fixed two incorrect serial numbers. [DisizDream, ClawGrip]
- 6882: Added ten TV games, a V.Smile Motion BIOS, and several software list entries. [David Haywood, Sean Riddle, TeamEurope]
- 6884: midyunit.cpp: Fixed sound and added PAL dumps for mkyawdim2. [TwistedTom]
- 6885: sgi_mips_hdd.xml: Added one entry. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6887: sound/rf5c400.cpp: Fixed loop sample loop position calculation (GitHub #6883). [cam900]
- 6888: video/atarirle.cpp: Fixed source file name in header comment. [cam900]
- 6889: rf5c400.cpp: Fixed regression in sample loop and end position calculations. [cam900]
- 6890: vsmile_cart.xml: Added one entry. [tenyuhuang, ClawGrip]
- 6891: vsmilem_cart.xml: Corrected checksum/digest for cars2mf. [ClawGrip]
- 6892: microdar.cpp: Added skeleton driver for Compumatic Far West darts machine. [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- 6893: machine/cop452.cpp: Added partial COP452 frequency generatocounter emulation; hp_ipc.cpp: Added beeper. [F.Ulivi]
- 6894: machine/6821pia.cpp: Added checks for disabled side effects on read accesses. [68bit]
- 6895: bus/rs232: Initialize serial printer RxD output high (idle state). [68bit]
- 6896: formats/os9_dsk.cpp: Added 8" 16-sector single-density formats (used by OS9 L1 on Motorola EXORciser). [68bit]
- 6897: formats/mdos_dsk.cpp: Added Motorola MDOS floppy format. [68bit]
- 6898: formats/wd177x_dsk.cpp: Be tolerant of missing sectors from the third track onwards. [68bit]
- 6899: sgi_mips.xml: Added six entries, and added missing disc dumps to one entry. [darkstar]
- 6900: vsmilem_cart.xml: Added some serial numbers and updated notes. [ClawGrip]
- 6902: mobigo_cart.xml: Added five entries, and corrected the checksum digest for one entry. [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
- 6903: sgi_mips_hdd.xml: Added one entry. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6904: sgi_mips.xml: Replaced a badly dumped disc image added in #6868. [darkstar]
- 6905: sgi_mips.xml: Added eight NetBSD installation/source sets. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6906: monkey_king_3b.cpp: Added skeleton driver for systems based on Monkey King 3B system-on-a-chip. [David Shah]
- 6908: formats/mdos_dsk.cpp: Fixed the cell size and gaps, and added notes. [68bit]
- 6909: Added five TV games and a software list entry. [David Haywood]
- 6910: Fixed arcade subtarget build. [MASH]
- 6912: ibm5150.xml: Added two entries, and re-dumped on entry. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6914: machine/cop452.cpp: Fixed timer reloading. [F.Ulivi]
- 6915: sgi_mips_hdd.xml: Added one entry. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6917: sound/rf5c400.cpp: Added support for clock frequency changes, flagged imperfect sound, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
- 6918: galaxian.cpp: Added Cirsa Spanish bootleg of Galaxian. [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- 6919: tourvis.cpp: Added Tourvision BIOS V4-54. [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- 6920: cave.cpp: Added graphics layout for sprite lines, simplified tilemap graphics decoding, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
- 6921: Added a TV game and a number of imperfect dumps of unlicensed Game Boy Advance cartridges. [David Haywood]
- 6922: sound/ymz280b.cpp: Improved frequency calculation and cleaned up code. [cam900]
- 6923: pdp11.cpp: Removed GPL dependency. [shattered]
- 6924: williams.cpp: Added clone Robotron: 2084 (Unidesa license). [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- 6927: Added Motorola EXORterm 155 terminal emulation. [68bit]
- 6930: mpu4vid.cpp: Allow v4strike and v4barqst to decode questions, and fixed some parent/clone relationships. [David Haywood]
- 6931: machine/mc6852.cpp: Implemented more functionality and added a byte communication interface. [68bit]
- 6933: devcb.h: Use GCC broken friend workaround with clang 8 as well. [Tiago Pierezan Camargo]
- 6934: pc98_cd.xml: Added 15 entries and replaced 11 entries with improved dumps. [redump.org, r09]
- 6935: hh_sm510.cpp: Added Nintendo Micro Vs. System: Donkey Kong Hockey. [algestam, Ryan Holtz]
- 6936: hh_sm510.cpp: Added gnw_dkong3 PCB label to comment. [algestam]
- 6937: mpu4vid.cpp: Added layout and tweaked inputs for v4addlad, and added a protection workaround. [David Haywood, James Wallace]
- 6938: ibm5150.xml: Fixed some data area sizes (GitHub #6876). [r09]
- 6939: megaplay.cpp: Added two more motherboard PLDs. [Kevin Eshbach, ClawGrip]
- 6940: cpu/gigatron: Added output callback; gigatron.cpp: Started implementing video, and added ROM V5a BIOS option. [Sterophonick]
- 6941: 4enlinea.cpp: Added Sport Dart TV. [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- 6942: ibm5150.xml: Added XENIX Development System. [archive.org, Davide Cavalca]
- 6944: galaxian.cpp: Added Spanish bootleg of Zero Time. [Juan Romero, ClawGrip]
- 6945: goldnpkr.cpp: Fixed syntax error in input port definitions. [Davide Cavalca]
- 6946: ibm5150.xml: Added five entries. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6947: ibm5170.xml: Added one entry. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6949: docs: Updated RTD theme to 0.5.0 (fixes issues with links in search results). [Firehawke]
- 6950: Improved screen aspect ratio in internal layout for EXORterm 155 terminal. [68bit]
- 6952: vsmile.cpp: Marked V.Smile Motion as working, as the games are playable even without accelerometer controls. [ClawGrip]
- 6953: bus/nes: Implemented FDS sound emulation. [cam900]
- 6954: vsmilem_cart.xml: Promoted software to working, and corrected some metadata. [ClawGrip]
- 6956: Significant improvements to Gaelco Modular System bootleg emulation, and new TV games. [David Haywood]
- 6958: Added driver for Motorola M6800 EXORciser (M68SDT) and device for corresponding floppy controller. [68bit]
- 6958: mw8080bw.cpp: Improved gunfight audio, including a better transistor model and noise generator. [Colin Douglas Howell]
- 6959: Improved video emulation for several Gaelco Modular System bootlegs, and added inputs/sound for raidenm. [David Haywood]
- 6960: plugins/autofire: Don’t save empty configuration files. [kunikuni]
- 6961: machine/v3021.cpp: Converted to use device_rtc_interface, and implemented serial interface and more commands. [cam900]
- 6962: ibm5150.xml: Added IBM Personal Computer Interactive Executive (PC/IX). [WinWorld, Davide Cavalca]
- 6963: namcos2.cpp: Worked around conflicting default input assignments for fourtrax. [MASH]
- 6964: raiden_ms.cpp: Improved raidenm emulation; spg2xx_zone.cpp: Added two TV games. [David Haywood]
- 6967: ibm5170.xml: Added five entries. [ArcadeShadow]
- 6969: plugins/autofire: Improved method for detecting empty configuration. [kunikuni]
- 6970: microdar.cpp: Added skeleton driver for unknown Compumatic ProSPDP dart machine. [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- 6971: pgm.cpp: Cleaned up drawing code, and improved timing of intro sequences in some games. [cam900]
- 6972: hh_sm510.cpp: Added Telko / Nintendo Bassmate Computer. [algestam, Mr. Do]
- 6973: mpu4vid.cpp: Fixed inputs, fixed up machine ROM sets, and promoted several machines to working. [David Haywood]
- 6977: gigatron.cpp: Added audio DAC, started hooking up OUTX port, and cleaned up code. [Sterophonick]
- 6978: mpu4mod4yam.cpp, mpu4vid.cpp: Started untangling sets now that they boot, and tweaked inputs. [David Haywood, James Wallace]
- 6979: Added netlist-based audio for thirteen early Cinematronics vector games, and minimal artwork for Warrior. [Aaron Giles]
- 6980: video/imagetek_i4100.cpp, metro.cpp: Improved flip screen drawing; hyprduel.cpp: Fixed sprite delay. [cam900]
- 6982: Added five TV games. [David Haywood]
- 6983: sound/ics2115.cpp: Improved envelope behavior. [cam900]
- 6984: mw8080bw.cpp: Improve 280zzzap audio emulation. [Colin Douglas Howell]
- 6986: generalplus_gpl16250_rom.cpp: Replaced tkmag220 ROM with correct dump. [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
- 6987: Switched AppVeyor MinGW GCC build to use -O3 (works around GitHub #6804). [Belegdol]
- 6988: Changed Travis CI configuration for installing prerequisite packages in an attempt to speed up builds. [Belegdol]
- 6989: microdar.cpp: Added Diana Olakoa dart machine. [Victor Fernandez (City Game), ClawGrip]
- 6993: Added beam_dot_size for controlling the size of “dots” on vector screens. [Aaron Giles]
- 6997: sound/k053260.cpp: Suppress read side effects on debugger accesses. [cam900]
- 6998: microdar.cpp: Added EEPROM dump to “prospdp”. [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- 6999: nes_vt.cpp: Added two TV games; mpu4.cpp, mpu4vid.cpp: Split up more sets and improved descriptions. [David Haywood]
- 7000: sound/ics2115.cpp: Resolved license issue, re-implemented envelopes and fixed ramping. [cam900]
- 7002: Worked around issue updating MSYS2 packages from AppVeyor. [Belegdol]
- 7005: ibm5150.xml: Added four entries. [ArcadeShadow]
submitted by cuavas
Wild Thing (Kids Comedy, 27 pages)
I am quite new to screenwriting!
Once upon a time, there were a group of friends, Max, Oscar, Orin and Joseph. However, these Children weren’t ordinary friends.
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LIVING ROOM - DAY
Hello, I’m Max, I live at Prince West Manor, a noble estate owned by my loving granddad, Prince Christopher of Whitcombe, the brother of King Vernon and son of William IV, the now deceased great pioneer who made Whitcombe, a small European microstate, into the economic powerhouse it is today,
Christopher is around 65 years of age, has stubble hair and wears a blue cap, Max is 11 years old, has brown hair, hazel eyes and commonly wears red.
Hi Granddad, how ya doing.
I am doin just fine, about to roll up some cigarettes.
I am just going to say that I am planning to have a sleepover tonight, is that okay with you?
Have their parents approved?
Yes, every single one.
When will your friends be there? I will get Nanny to make one of her spectacular mince beef and onion pies!
In about half an hour, make sure Nana is here soon
I am about to call her now actually.
Lin! Max has got a couple friends over tonight! Will you make them a mince beef and onion pie?
Yes Chris! Which ones, hopefully not that Olly, he gets on my nerves.
Max, which friends are staying tonight
Harrison, George, Oscar, Orin and Joseph.
Not dobby dobber Joseph!
And the Beatles! Harrison and George. George Harrison, get it!
Yes, very funny but I don’t think they like being called that.
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LOBBY - LATER
Now I am at the lobby, the grand entrance to the noble manor, waiting for my friends to arrive, they are later than usual, probably M45 traffic.
Max is at the lobby, sitting down on a red leather chair, The lobby is also of a similar style to the living room, grand and luxuorious. Max is desperately waiting for his friends to come.
Come on! It’s been 15 minutes since you were supposed to be here!
Straight after, the door bell rings. Max immediately rushes with lots of excitement to the door, opens it only to find the local mailman, Stu, who happens to be Oscars dad. Stu has ginger hair in a relatively 1990s style haircut.
We have got a delivery for Madame Stenner, Oh, Hi Max! Where’s your mum?
Hi Stu, nice to see ya, when are Oscar and the others showing up?
I believe Mrs Thow has organised a carpool for the manor, Last time I called she was picking up George. His dad is crazy! Anyway, where’s ya mum.
Maxes Mum, Donna, heads down the L Shaped stairs with even more excitement than Max had previously straight after he called her. Donna is an absolute beauty with smooth blonde hair and plastered in makeup.
That must be my Letme Getherdoshes latest luxury makeup kit! I’ve been waiting like years!
More like days.
Hi Stu, is that my makeup kit?
I honestly don’t know, it might be!
Donna grabs the package out of Stus hand and rushes back upstairs.
Its been nice talkin to ya! Hey, Max, make sure you treat your mother well, Oscar will be here soon, make sure that there is no gluten in any of the midnight snacks you guys eat.
Stu saunters out of the door and got back into his red Royal Mail Van. Right after Stu leaves, Oscar, Orin, Joseph, Harrison and George arrive. All of Maxes friends are 11 years of age. Oscar, Joseph and Harrison have brown hair while Orin and George have blonde hair. I have only put in hair colour is apart from that, none of their features are that notable and I don’t really care about who’s cast unless they have the same hair colour and gender. (Except Harrison who is unnaturally thin)
Finally! What took you all so long!
Orin reacted defensively to Max.
Your stepdads van had a break-down.
Anyway, I brought sweets!
Twizzers, 24 of them! First I can have seven then George can have seven, then Oscar, five, then Orin, five and Max you can have them last.
Nice! I love Twizzers! Joseph, how are you doing, I suppose you want to play Minecraft. But, it’s a twenty-four pack, and adding the numbers up, Orin would have the last sweet.
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS
What should we do before Nana has finished the mince pies.
I want to watch the next episode of Doctor Who, I haven’t missed one for 5 years straight!
I wanna just sit down and peacefully draw your cats. Pika looks like a giant turd!
Pikaming (Pika), a scrawny Havana Brown cat walks past and yowls at Oscar
Yes Oscar, isn’t that slightly offensive towards the cat.
I dunno, maybe we can go to the park after tea? Or have two midnight feasts.
I will do whatever Harrison does. My dad has been using me as a lab rat all day. I am tired!
A round of Fortnite or Splatoon maybe?
Heres my plan, We watch Doctor Who before and while we’re eating tea, go to the park after we are finished, then we will play games, watch movies and TV and have two midnight feasts. Good?
Mince beef and onion pies are ready!
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR - GRAND HALL - EVENING
Ahhh, Nana’s delicious pie, It is a wonderful treat when Nana makes a pie. They are oh-so amazing, especially with the Brussel sprouts, mash potato and Captain Johns peas, well, I am related to him too, but that’s a whole other story.
Everyone chows down the delicious pie (except Orin who is devouring Doctor Who) in pure happiness at tremendous speed with bright 24k gold cutlery. Enjoying it a great deal. The Grand Hall is gigantic, 5 times bigger than any other part of the manor house. The dark oak table being horrendously long.
This is good!
It is isn’t it.
Thank you, my Nana made it for us.
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
A montage sequence of all the fun things the gang get up to. Watching movies on a 4K plasma screen TV going to the park, eating Percy Pigs and playing a heck ton of video games (Minecraft, Fortnite, Mario Kart and Splatoon). This is accompanied by a song, performed by the group. The montage ends with the group going to sleep in matching pickle green sleeping bags.
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING
Max wakes up and attempts to wake up the others after a few seconds of thought.
Ahhhhhhh! Hey, is anyone awake.
Who wet the bed?
It isn’t a bed Harrison, it’s a sleeping bag.
Whatever, who wet the sleeping bag! It was Max!
Ummm, I am not even in your sleeping bag.
George wakes up.
Wha! Not the Elemental-inator followed by the Clock-inator and it’s sequel the Clock-inator-inator I could have peed my pants!
Okay, It wasn’t Max, but it wasn’t me either, It was George! Yes you did!
Oh great, It’s the second time now. And Harrison, don’t accuse Max of everything.
Is anyone up for breakfast? I will write a note.
Me! Beans on gluten-free toast, make sure it’s from the Cat toaster, which puts an image of a cute cat in your toast!
Thanks for reminding me that you were coeliac. Okay.
Duh! No one forgets!
That is quite true. Anyway, fresh Heinz tomato soup for me.
Okay. Tomato soup.
I think I’ll comfort George.
(weeping), nothing for me, I’m too sad, that nightmare was really bad.
I will have some Ready-Breck, good for gaming.
Okay Joseph, don’t know what you mean but I will have a full English. Ill share a bit with Harrison and George, I don’t want you starving to death. Mum! When is breakfast on!
What would you and your friends like!
You need repairs done on that dirty van!
Don‘t be cheeky!
Come down and I will give you this note! It’s got all the stuff we want on it.
Daniel walks slightly sluggishly downstairs and into the living room.
So where’s the note?
Daniel has a large beard and long black hair tied into a bun at the back. He often wears casual clothing or has his shirt off.
Here it is!
(Max holds out the note)
Daniel takes the note and walks off-screen into the kitchen.
Butlers! We have got an order from Sir Max and his loyal friends.
JOBSWORTH THE BUTLER (O.S.)
Uhhh, What now. Can Sir Max and his loyal friends go get another butler. You know I’m a Republican! I don’t serve royal relatives.
I wasn’t talking to you Jobsworth. They should fire you. You are a Jobsworth, they should probably cut your head off. I was actually talking to Perfect Peter Piper Jr.
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR (O.S.)
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - KITCHEN - MORNING
A sequence of Perfect Peter Piper Jr cooking breakfast (the same things said earlier). The kitchen being a relatively large victorian style kitchen with squeaky clean counters. Peter has curly blonde hair.
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR (BEFORE THE END OF THE SEQUENCE)
I will just put this there, and that there. And whalla! Young Sir Max and his friends will be fully served. I love my job!
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR - GRAND HALL - MOMENTS LATER
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR
Here you are! Here’s your food.
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR
Please don’t call me Petey!
I honestly don’t trust that Peter, Grandad is trying to get him knighted for his service, I am not trying to be mean, it’s just that I don’t trust him.
Max, Oscar, Orin and Joseph scoff up their breakfast while Max divides it into two halves.
One half for me and one half for Harrison and George.
Oh no. I think he might have given me normal toast!
Maxes Dad! The butler gave Oscar normal toast! He needs medical attention. Oh yeah, I went to Medical Scouts didn’t I. How lucky. Lucky lucky me!
Daniel walks in.
Stepdad, Joseph. Oscar, are you okay.
Oscar pukes all across the extensive dinner table. Knocking everyone’s glasses of lemonade down, shattering them.
Yes, Smash! Spillage!
I will be having a talk to ‘good’ butler Petey.
Daniel once again walks off screen into the kitchen.
What the Hell Petey! What’s going on, Oscar just projectile vomited across the table! What are you doing?
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR (O.S.)
I don’t know? And don’t call me Petey!
I‘m okay! I’m okay!
Anyway, Petey, he might be okay, but he has a gluten allergy
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR (O.S.)
WEIRD BUTLER (O.S.)
Don‘t be so silly!
Yes, don’t be so silly. Are you that stupid.
PERFECT PETER PIPER JR
YES. I AM THAT STUPID
INT. PRINCE WEST MANOR, RURAL GUYSVILLE - LOBBY - CONTINUOUS
Well, finally, it’s time to go home, It has been a great sleepover, but it is now over.
Bye Kids! Remember not to be silly. The carpool is here soon, Harrison, your being picked up by your mum separately
Weird Butler looks. Weird. His hair is gelled up and he wears lipstick on his cheeks, has a Ned Flanders moustache and a star tattooed on his forehead.
I don’t want to go home. My dad, he’s crazy. He tests stuff on me.
George pulls out his hand and shows a tiny bruise.
I am highly sorry but your on the carpool.
A car approaches the manor off screen.
I think the car is here! Everyone outside
All of the kids go outside, except Harrison, who stays at the manor to wait for his mum.
EXT. PRINCE WEST MANOR - FRONT GARDEN - CONTINUOUS
The Prince West Manors front garden is highly sumptuous (similar to Hampton Court Palaces garden). The children walk up to the car (a maroon coloured mini). Driving in the front seat is Mrs Thow.
Hi Mum! I loved the sleepover, can I tell you some jokes.
Hi honey, how was the sleepover at the manor? And yes you can tell me some jokes. But firstly, how was your sleepover?
It was great, we played games, went to the park, watched movies, and all sorts,
Very good, where is the first stop. I think it’s Georges house.
Please not me first, my dad uses me as a lab rat.
Don‘t worry George, I umm don’t expect he will do it again. Nice Guysville weather today, isn’t it.
Yes mum. But the Lord said to John, come fourth and win eternal life, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
Mrs Thow starts driving through the countryside of Guysville.
EXT. COUNTRYSIDE OF GUYSVILLE, WHITCOMBE - MOMENTS LATER
Music: I’m a Cider DrinkeThe Combine Harvester Mashup by the Wurzels.
The countryside of Whitcombe is very similar to the environment of Dorset and the wider West Country.
A sequence of the countryside, endless fields of grass, animals and plenty of trees plays until they get to George’s house
EXT. GEORGES HOUSE - FRONT GARDEN - MOMENTS LATER
George’s Front Garden is a generic British front garden. George’s dad soon walks out of the door with a expression of kindness which is so obviously fake.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Hello, George, Do you all want to come in for a slice of tea.
Dr Hans Heywood is despite being English, an obvious parody of Dr Doofemshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb (with the German accent!)
Yes, it might let me watch cartoons for longer
I believe that would be a cuppa tea and not a slice of tea.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Whatever smarty pants.
Everyone strolls in George’s house. Hans locks the door and evilly laughs.
INT. GEORGES HOUSE - HALLWAY - CONTINUOUS
The room has a wall with its white paint slowly rotting away with a black carpet with an odd square print on the carpet.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Your my little lab rats. George, no more testing for you.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Whoopy Doo! Zippedee Doodah!
George, cease and desist
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Now I will pull the trapdoor.
Oh *beep* indeed
Shouldn’t we not swear?
Hans pulls the trapdoor and everyone falls into the basement through the printed square in the carpet.
INT. DR HEYWOODS LAIR - CONTINUOUS
Dr Heywoods Lab is 100% made out of metal and crowded with machines made of hard iron.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Now guinea pigs, go to the machine over there, the poher-inator, whatever does poher mean. Then you can leave. I nicked it from my old colleague Louis Drake.
Whos Louis Drake when he’s at home?
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Just get in the machine. It’s a sad story
INT. DR HEYWOODS LAIR - 1997
A montage is shown of Louis Drake and Hans exploits and inventions.
Drake and Heywood test various machines, have a good laugh at a local pub and stomping on little kids sand castles on the beach. Louis Drake is very intelligent looking, only has sideburns and wears a monacle.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Louis Drake was my best mate. We were lab assistants, rivalling the Japanese. We did every-
Just get the point already. I want to think up another great joke to make everyone laugh like mad!
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Well I stole his machine and he died of Mad Duck Disease of the Heart.
INT. DR HEYWOODS LAIR - MOMENTS LATER
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Just get in the SUP-540! It’s too sad. It’s embarrassing
Everyone reluctantly enters the SUP-540, and Dr Hans turns the switch onto maximum power. Loads of electricity pumps into the machine before he turns it back off and opens the door. The kids step back out. Dr Hans Heywood stands up and reveals his plan
DR HANS HEYWOOD
I only put you in this machine as I know your capable of defeating the other scientist, the one that takes from the poor and gives to rich, the composer of fear, Hirokazu Tanaka. He has been winning ever since Drake died, he had an advantage. It’s the only reason I tested on you George. And now I know your too much of a crybaby for this task. I have given you Superpowers to help defeat this loon.
Yes Oscar, Oh Lord indeed.
Orin is dragged by a magnetic field to the SUP-540 machine which gives it a large Human shaper dent.
My head hurts. Is it Wayakko. Are we in Dotwak?
DR HANS HEYWOOD
I should have thought that through.
I feel like running, I don’t know why.
Joseph then zips around the lab at the speed of light, very careful not to crash into any of the machines
I had no idea what was occurring, I was in total awe.
This is fun! Now I can win the running on sports day every year. I can probably go faster!
Go steady there Joseph! You might have a Heart Attack!
Oscar shapeshifts into a black and white cat.
Meow, meow, meow meow meow mew, Louw!
As Cat Oscar says Louw, he shoots lasers from his eyes, creating 2 small holes in the wall.
Things we’re getting even weirder, like this was all just some crazy dream. And then I started feeling some weird sensation.
Is it me or is Oscar a cat?
I feel sea sick.
A storm of water floods the lab. Causing Oscar to shapshift back.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Oh great, PKI, My best development, I could only ever make one bit of the serum, has been accidentally mixed into a richo child. Well done me.
Max then accidentally sets fire to the lab with his hands and electrocutes Dr Hans nearly to the point of death.
Oopps! Won’t do that again. What is it Dr Hans. Are you okay?
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Just ju-ju-just defeat Hirokazu Tanaka.
My granddads favourite composer!
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Yes, the composer, I kinda wish he stayed in music. 4 platinum hits in 1989.
Hans then passes out on the floor.
What should we call ourselves?
Maybe, uhhh, the Wild Things?
I had no idea, the Wild Things was a name of a superhero tv program we were all into, and the name came to my head.
Yeah! The Wild Things!
Nah, I say Floatie Cat Toys!
I am with Max on this one, The Wild Things!
Dr Hans, why can’t you do this yourself?
DR HANS HEYWOOD
It‘S because I am old, cranky and still wear nappys.
Laugh track plays.
EXT. TEMPLETON CITY SQUARE - CONTINUOUS
The square is highly busy with pedestrians walking everywhere in all directions. Hirokazu Tanaka and Shigesato Itoi are the only ones standing still, Hiro looking at a map.
I will destroy this city and finally kill Hans Heywood and his rumoured spawn of kids. Shigg, get me a cuppa energy’s.
Hirokazu Tanaka has very long hair, going down to his shoulder.
Wha! I poo I poo! Energy, weeeeeeee
Shigesato is bald, has a tiny nose and is generally Derpy looking. He is also generally smaller than Tanaka
I bought you cheap from a slave dealer in Sudan, should have expected a mentally disabled dumbo. I will destroy the city and conquer the world, before those meddling kids stop me!
Were we me evil. Wistrwoy city. Kill kill! Weeeeeee
Yes Shigesato, your very much like me, just that you need language lessons.
Wha plan wha are plan.
The plan is that we bribe the scientists to let us use their technology
INT. DR HEYWOODS LAIR - CONTINUOUS
So what do we do exactly? Just beat him up?
I think so.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
You train and train and train.
A training montage ensues with an original song. It shows the Wild Things doing basic gym training in a makeshift gym in Heywoods Lair.
EXT. TEMPLETON CITY SQUARE - CONTINUOUS
A bright yellow Toyota with the word “TAXI” plastered on it drives towards Tanaka and Shigesato and stops for them. They open the door and hop into the back seat
Where’d ya like to go.
Syence Laer, Bwibewy
Hirokazu covers Shigesatos mouth.
Shut up, Shigesato, the Royal Acadamy of Science please.
How much would that be, 120 pounds?
Hirokazu puts a gun to Taxi Mans head.
We don’t pay money for this, honey.
Okay! Okay! Okay! Wuhhh
Taxi Man drives the car to the Royal academy, an awe-inspiring building of Victorian architecture.
Hirokazu Tanaka opens the door and leaves the Taxi, he is followed by Shigesato straight after.
EXT. ROYAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES - MOMENTS LATER
Lets go, before we conquer Moscow.
Hiro and Shigesato walk into the building through the important-looking door to the reception.
INT. ROYAL ACADAMY OF SCIENCES - RECEPTION - CONTINUOUS
The inside of the Royal Acadamy of Sciences is nothing like how it looks on the outside, the reception in particular is a blend between a coffee shop and a Boots pharmacy.
Hello, where are your top scientists.
We woh bwibey!
He is just speaking nonsense as usual.
To see them, you need to be a member of our prestigious society.
I am the greatest scientist of all Japan.
Sorry, only Whitcombian scientists are allowed.
What about the treaty, the one between the mighty Japanese Empire and Whitcombe?
Sorry, I don’t know what your talking about. There is no active treaty between the two nations.
I gave you a chance, you didn’t take it.
Hirokazu puts the gun up to Receptionists head.
Okay, you can go.
Thank you, where are the keys.
Just an electronic pass.
Gimme gimme gets. Hand it over.
Receptionist hands Hiro the pass and Hiro and Shigesato continue their evil quest of domination and death. Walking to the elevator, scanning the pass and going in
INT. ROYAL ACADAMY OF SCIENCES - ELEVATOR - CONTINUOUS
Hirokazu opens his wallet to find loads of cash
Stealing all this cash was worth it, wasn‘t it.
Ya ya ya ya!
The elevator keeps going up in silence for a short while until it stops and the door opens.
INT. ROYAL ACADAMY OF SCIENCES - SCIENTISTS LOUNGE - CONTINUOUS
The scientists lounge is highly average yet comfortable looking for a Royal Acadamy. Everyone sitting on a light brown leather sofa, relaxing and drinking beers.
I have an offer to make for you....
Shigg, stop talking nonsense, I have an important deal to make. I will give you 15,000 pounds if you help me with my scheme.
Who are you exactly, and isn’t this illegal.
Question Ones answer is Hirokazu Tanaka, retired composer with 4 platinum hits in the year of 1989 turned genius scientist. Question Twos answer is Maybe.
Your him, my dad loves your music, What do we have to do for the money.
Let me use your tech and brains.
What do you exactly mean, Brains.
Hirokazu pulls out the Brainsuck, a zapper gun with an engraving of a dictionary on it which zapps the intelligence out of people’s brains and sucks it into whoever shoots the gun.
Simon the Zapper, don’t fail me this time. And scientists, when your brains are returned, maybe never, you will get my stack of cash.
We will do anything, give you all of are money.
Our family, anything! But not our intelligence.
No. What’s going to be done will be done.
Hiro zaps everyone in the room and inhales all of their intelligence.
Good. Now Shigg, we will find the secret room where all of the inventions are hid in.
Bwilliam! Secwet woomey!
Shigesato leaps across the room in excitement, revealing a secret trap door. Hiro follows and jumps in, followed by Shigesato.
INT. SECRET ROOM - CONTINUOUS
The secret room is dark and unseeable. Only the silhouettes of Hiro and Shigesato are viable.
Maybe your not so stupid after all, maybe we just need to give you language lessons.
Hiro and Shigesato continue walking across the secret room in the dark until Hirokazu finds the light switch and turns it on.
The light reveals all sorts of genius inventions that could easily be used for bad things. This includes a giant mech suit.
Wha shal weee oose. Maybwe th Pwickerpwocket 900
No, too petty.
How boht th blokinator
No, Too original
Mec sue! Mec sue! Mec sue! Mec sue for too!
Brilliant idea, Shigg.
Hiro and Shigesato walk across the room to the mech suit.
You go in first Shigg.
Yay! Whippe Doo!
Shigesato climbs into the first pod. Hirokazu then climbs in the top pod. Hirokazu attempt to start the mech but struggles to get it starting.
Damned engine! They must have fed it faulty watered down petrol from Tescos!
However, after a few pulls, Hiro manages to get it working. Hiro and Shigesato walk the mech suit around the room and Hiro loudly punches the wall down and starts marching across the city.
INT. DR HEYWOODS LAIR - CONTINUOUS
Wild Things will be back after the break! First we need to credit are sponsors.
SPONSOR WOMAN (O.S.)
Ovaltine! Ovaltine, Don’t forget to sip down that Ovaltine!
The Wild Things are camping on Dr Heywoods sofa. Watching TV, a show called “Wild Things”, a fourth wall break.
What was that? I wish I still ha that Diary, I was sooooo secretive that I burned it!
I dunno. It does not sound good,
Could it be this villain that your dad has been going on and on about.
I think I’m too scared to go!
Your that quick that all your work will be done in a split second.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
What did you hear?
Many loud thumping noises.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
It could be Tanaka, go go! Fly my pretties, fly! To Templeton, that’s where he will be!
I think I’m sitting out on this one.
All of the Wild Things hop on Joseph’s back as he speeds towards Templeton. He is there in less than a second.
EXT. TEMPLETON CITY SQUARE - ONE SECOND LATER
Hirokazu Tanaka and Shigesato are stirring trouble on the streets of Templeton, stomping around the city in the stolen mech, causing destruction wherever they are. The wild things however, are about to stop them.
Not so fast Tanaka!
Joseph spins around the mech suit, preventing further destruction. Hiro attempts to smash a building but Oscar turns into a mega cat and smacks his arm off shortly before causing damage. Orin climbs up a telephone pole and uses his magnet powers to screw up the internals of the mecha suit, making it break down. The final blow occurs when Max throws an Ultra Fireball onto the suit, blowing it up.
A job well done. Where is Tanaka?
That was a nice final blow Max!
Thank you. The magnet thing was great! You are the true hero Orin.
We all did it. Together.
What about me?
You were good too!
And to this I say, let the camera roll.
Oi! You destroyed our mech suit!
Hans randomly shows up.
DR HANS HEYWOOD
Hey, ummm, good job, Take my lab. Me and George will move upstairs.
At that time, I knew this would become something big.
The credits roll with a meowing rendition of Mamma Mia, performed by Cat Oscar.
submitted by MCMax05