Have you ever felt unhappy about the situation of this game? Annoyed by the bugs that affect your playtime? Angry about how you're treated?
Worry not, you're not alone.
That's why you're reading this post.
Top players and casuals, spenders and F2P gamers, are uniting, right now, because they love this game. We want the game to be better. To be treated better. To see ourselves valued. To know the time and the resources we are investing will be worth it.
We want to be heard.
For the first time in the history of this game, most of the top players and leagues are putting their differences and rivalries aside to step up and finally achieve what the playerbase deserves.
How will the community try to achieve their goals?
From February 11th to March 11th every spender that will take part in the protest will NOT spend any money in the game and its offers. During this time frame, every Top League that has or will join the protest will feature "#No$4bugs
" in their League names (eg. #No$4Bugs - Excelsior)
Anyone that believes that this protest is a worthy cause is encouraged to decrease their playtime.
Members from most of the Top Leagues joined and many will join in the near future. You'll find a list of the major names that are contributing in the comment section.
Here instead are (in aphabetical order) the names of the main Leagues that volunteered so far (to be added in the list, just contact me):
- 692 [Network]
- AC 8
- Angry Russians
- Armenia United
- BLUE WAFFLE PHOENIX
- BRaZZeRS HD
- BULGARIAN LEGENDS
- Bad Company
- Belarus Div.1
- Black Pearl
- Boot Camp
- CAPOS F.C.
- CLANUL SPORTIVILOR
- Champs league
- Chennai FC
- Coalition of Nations
- DU+ [Network]
- Deltron 3030
- Dirty Dozen!
- Dream Team 19
- Dynamic Dragons
- FC Skylarks
- FU BATTY
- FUT 1453
- Falcon Justice
- Fifa LatAm Synergy
- Fifa United
- Golden Conant [Network]
- Grumpy Old Devils
- INDIAN ELITES
- Imperio Latino
- Indo Real Fighters
- Invictos raiz
- KOREA DEVILS
- KocuryPI PRO
- LIGA TURKO
- LatAm Synergy
- Los Rieleros FC
- Made in Ukraine
- Minnesota Divided FC
- No Mercy
- Nudesiarnia (PL)
- Polish Fighters ®
- Proud of Poland
- Revoltados Brasil
- Russian Heroes
- Sounders Japan Superlig
- Stars of Answers HQ
- Super liga Latina
- TURKISH Brothers
- Team Deutschland
- The Damned Royals
- The Fawkes
- The Guardians
- The Jokers
- The Velvet FIFA
- Top Latino
- USSR. Evil Empire
- Ukraine League
- Ukraine Raiders
- Ukraine Ultras
- Ukraine top
- Ukrainian warriors
- VIRTUAL LEAGUE
- Zlatan Dance Academy
- Бригада (Brigada)
- КрамБамБуля (KramBamBulya)
- МАГНИТ2019 (MAGNIT2019)
- СНГ United (SNG United)
- Славяне Возраждение
- Украiна 1 (Ukraina 1)
How can I contribute?
Here are a few ways to contribute yourself:
Use this image as your profile picture on your Social Media!
- Spread the word and share this message to as many players as possible, even by using #NoBucks4Bugs;
- Talk with your League admins and discuss on adding "#No$4bugs" to your League name (eg. #No$4Bugs - Excelsior);
- Decrease your playtime: developers in general check how often players interact with their game(s). A significant game playtime decrease will help the cause.
- If you are an occasional / light / heavy spender, refrain from spending yourself: while you might think it won't matter, every purchase counts.
- Leave a Comment down here with your In-Game Name!
- Let's use #NoBucks4Bugs in your tweets and posts to show Twitter and the other Social Networks how united we are!
What's our purpose? Communication
- We are hoping for a more open dialogue with game developers to discuss issues in a candid and transparent manner on all platforms. A single community manager active regularly on TwitteDiscord for a game downloaded over 100 million times on the App Stores is a poor ratio, there is only so much he can do.
- Lack of QA staff to catch bugs earlier and address player issues.
- The quality of “EA HELP” is currently very low and the system needs a revamp.
- Lack of efficient in-game communication tools for users not on social media to report bugs.
- Asking people who spend real money on this game to purchase packs before the full event is revealed is not ethical, as there is potential for betteworse packs in the future. The focus on withholding full information and supplying packs must stop. Eg. Hidden freeze snowflakes; multiple FP packs during the course of TOTY: each with a varying degree of value for money; POTM Pogba cost decrease; Lunar “presale pack”-a new low.
- Apart from events, there is a general sense of a lack of transparency in this game from the developers, leaving several users alienated.
- The most prominent issue with this season is the evident lack of quality game design as showcased by the numerous hotfixes by the game developers (Training Discount %, Chemistry update, Auction-able players, Flash Sale points, Domination Manolas etc., “buff" to the rainbow skill move which followed the release of TOTY starters with roulette sends mixed message);
- It is becoming increasingly clear that each event is geared at increasing potential financial outlay and not towards building a sustainable game mode. Events after Football Freeze have been bereft of tools for overall progression, instead becoming mind-numbing repetition of the same skill games to grind towards arbitrary rewards, which will eventually be made redundant by the event following it. All this makes you think - WHERE’S THE FOOTBALL I SIGNED UP FOR?
- The focus has been on churning out wave after wave of cards; plummeting in value each event; with a notable lack of skill boost progression (The pack distribution, rarity types etc. have led to many players finding their progress halted). VSA season end rewards have also been very disappointing and cater disproportionately more to the paying customers;
- The market is in a state of turmoil due to the overload of cards and lack of coin input;
- 80-88 rated players have become useless as the cost to train is disproportionately high if compared to the relatively low cost of 90+ rated players; which makes you wonder what the goal behind setting these values of TXP could be? (Again - Communication and Transparency);
- Where’s the fun in grinding out 10 different currencies to consolidate into a single main chain with zero branches and no potential for choice of reward? The concept of Strategy has been pushed out of the game and is leading to a severe lack of user engagement;
- Hiring of a high quality game designer who understands the different currencies and tools for overall progression well is a must to address the above issues. The whole season has been poorly designed and desperately needs a fix;
Summary of some of the identified issues that need fixing:
- Cards get cheaper and cheaper every event, market crash;
- Lack of Boost progression over the last few months;
- Lack of clarity on plans for Rank ups/Training players;
- Events don't significantly help progression without luck;
- Overcomplicated event currencies.
- Despite having a beta program, the game is still riddled with bugs. The developers are aware of these, and the time frame for such fixes is always unclear and players take advantages of bugs/glitches. Several members of the top 250 in VSA have reached there using the VSA glitch but there has been no action taken or communication regarding such instances;
- As the season has progressed we are seeing the same 4-5 types of skill games in all events, making it monotonous and we feel like we're playing the same event with a different skin pasted on it;
- Each bug fix seems to create more bugs, and there seems to be a lack of motivation behind fixing them. Even if there is the lack of communication makes it look like there isn’t any. A “State of Development” and official acknowledgement of existing bugs would be appreciated;
- LVL has gone 3 seasons with less and less content coming out each season, for many of us it is the most fun part of the game and with no Weekend Tournament, it remains one of the only entertaining competitive modes, and yet there is evidence of cheating even in this game mode;
- One might wonder if this is a football game or a casino game. Each step taken by the devs seem to indicate the latter. There even was a “spin the wheel” in store. This game is dominated more by luck than by skill/intelligence and this must change. Manipulating the market shouldn’t be the best way to progress as a F2P, proper game management should;
- The fact that users cannot even pick which players/rewards/resources they want to go for during an event (among other things) is wrong and promotes a dangerous luck based reward system (eg. Messi TOTY @9 Mln vs Ronaldo @18 Mln);
- There is no confirmation message while making purchases with FIFA Points, which is extremely unethical considering the placement of packs are designed to make users more likely to click on them. It isn't hard to ask for confirmation before buying a pack; and this must be implemented for purchase security sake, as users may unintentionally spend their FP;
In conclusion, each and every game mode currently has some significant problems that EA should address:
- H2H: disconnects and back-passing;
- VSA: Glitch and heavy RNG/luck influence;
- LVL: outdated rewards and mode, although fun;
- Events: Monotonous skill games, no creativity or planning involved;
- Campaign: Majority finished it in the first month, pales in comparison to last season’s expansive engaging campaign mode;
- Market: Coin sellers;
- Domination: Boring, poor time/value ratio.
We truly believe the developer team will listen to our feedback.We only want the best for the game.Now it' EA's turn to prove they want the same.
Special Thanks to u/Maelstrom779
and everyone else that contributed into building this movement.